Carpet is an Ancient But Beatiful Idea
Modern carpet traces its roots to ancient times, when cultures passed hand-tying and knotting skills from generation to generation. The Sixteenth Century brought merchant adventurers and explorers home to Europe and with them the awareness and desire for rich textiles and rugs from the East.
It wasn’t long before the appreciation of textile floor coverings took off, came to America, and became one of the most fundamental and beautiful parts of our modern home interior. Carpet continues to be popular for many reasons.
Hardwood is one of the most popular and fastest growing floor covering choices. The natural characteristics of wood add depth and a visual appearance that many other types of floors try to duplicate. Rich, inviting hardwood floors can add value to your home at resale time. Hardwood types, options and applications are more diverse than ever.
Manufacturer’s now have the ability to produce better quality finishes and superior construction techniques. The result of those advancements is that wood floors can now be installed throughout the home and over a wide variety of sub-floors.
There are many good reasons why laminate flooring is a popular choice in today’s homes. Laminate is a manufactured product that simulates the look of hardwood, ceramic tile, natural stone and many other types of flooring. In the past, laminate floors have been easy to spot, but today’s technology allows manufacturers to create realistic visuals and textures for an elegant and quality floor.
Natural Stone Introduction
What’s under your feet impacts life under your roof. The various floor coverings throughout your home influence interior beauty, design, décor, comfort, upkeep – life itself. From ancient monuments like the pyramids in Egypt and the majestic Greek and Roman temples, to the great civilizations of India and China, natural stone has been an important part of architecture throughout history.
Natural stone is strong and stable to live with. It exudes a rich, organic, beautiful surface and has a confident, timeless “presence” in any room. It is the world’s oldest building material – imagine its beauty and elegance in your new home or remodeling project.
Ceramic Tile Introduction
Products that beautify your home, enhance design and décor, meet your specific comfort, performance and budget needs, are easy to care for, and stand the test of time. Ceramic tile has been around for centuries, and with today’s technology manufacturers have created new design and application possibilities that were not available a decade ago. If you have never lived with ceramic tile before or if it has been a long time since you have done so, you will be amazed at the wide selection of colors, sizes, shapes and new textures that are now available.
- natural product made up of clay, minerals, and water
- has a ceramic coating on the tile body, giving it color and finish
- natural choice for your interior floors and walls
- if properly installed it will outperform and outlast other floor covering
- resists stains, odors, and dirt
- can be cleaned up with a damp mop or sponge
- keeping your grout dirt free requires regular cleaning
- low-maintenance material
- glazed tiles require care and attention
- Grade III and IV are extremely resistant to scratching
- never have to worry about a cut or tear
- manufactured using natural materials
- does not retain odors, allergens, or bacteria
Beautiful and versatile
- technology created unlimited number of colors, sizes, styles, shapes and textures
- doesn’t burn nor emit toxic fumes
- hot pans will not scorch or melt the surface
- dense body permits little or no accumulation of moisture.
Join 6,000+ Satisfied Customers!
Bathroom & Kitchen Remodeling Services in Alexandria, VA, Ashburn, VA, and Rockville, MD